3.17 What if I quit or am fired before I take my vacation?
Your employer must pay you:
- any vacation days you haven’t used from the last completed reference year, and
- 4% or 6% of your gross salary (before taxes) earned during the reference year, depending on how many years you have worked.
3.18 What is a holiday?
A holiday is a day where you normally do not work, but you get paid for that day.
3.19 Which days are holidays?
The following days are holidays in Quebec under the labour standards law:
- New Year’s Day (January 1st)
- Good Friday or Easter Monday (the employer’s choice)
- Patriot’s Day or Victoria Day (3rd Monday in May)
- St. Jean Baptiste (June 24)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Labour Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (2nd Monday in October)
- Christmas (December 25)