2.3 What is a will made before witnesses?
A will made before witnesses requires two witnesses
above the age of eighteen to be present when the will is signed.
2.4 How do I make a will before witnesses?
- sign the will yourself;
- attest before the witnesses that the document is your will and that you signed it;
- have two witnesses sign the will in front of you.
- write this type of will by hand, on a typewriter or a computer;
- have someone else write the will for you, such as a lawyer or a friend.
You can have:
- a lawyer or a notary register this type of will in the Registre des dispositions testamentaires et des mandats du Québec (Quebec Register of Wills and Mandates).
To declare to be true or genuine.